Sample Plans in 2016?

rurorelroy

Go to solution Solved by katalyst777,

• Solution

The Knowledge Base article on locating the sample plans does have a note now that says it only applies to the 2015 and earlier versions, so I am guessing they got rid of them.  Most were uneditable anyway though, and you can do a google image search for floor plans if you need more inspiration than the samples offered on the Home Designer website.

am i not allowed to ask questions here david?

Relative to some questions you might want answers to, a better choice for a source might be Tech Support or Sales instead of opinions of end users. I was suggesting that a direct communication to the originators of the software would then glean something other than an opinion or someone's guesses.

For all practical purposes your question has been answered and useful suggestions made.

DJP

• Downvote 1

Kat is correct in her post above.  The non-editable sample plans were removed in Home Designer 2016 - because the plans were quite old, they were non-editable (which frustrated people) and you can find sample plans online quite easily.  We have added more editable sample plans on the website.

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...

Having just download a couple of the editable samples from the website, I would like to know if anyone has come across any oak frame houses as samples/templates.  I'm assuming that with HD Suite 2015 I can only take plans that would be in that format.  Are there other sources of plans that can be imported and edited?

Many Thanks

Len

Thanks for the links.  These are mostly conventional designs (not many really look like these over here in the UK) seen in the States.  Couldn't find anything with oak framed structures and exposed beams...unless I missed something.

Perhaps I should create a new topic specifically around creating a design with exposed beams and oak frame.

Many thanks

Len