Home Designer Pro 2025 now available in your Digital Library if you are eligible

BalutFX

you are correct.  There isn't anything earth shaking in the 2025 version.  I have been asking for Photo Ray Trace rendering to be included with the Pro version for the last few years and again has not happened.  The 3d graphics need to be improved for better presentations.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, barthmv said:

you are correct.  There isn't anything earth shaking in the 2025 version.  I have been asking for Photo Ray Trace rendering to be included with the Pro version for the last few years and again has not happened.  The 3d graphics need to be improved for better presentations.  

I think raytracing is always going to remain in the premiere line. You can always export your model and raytrace in Twinmotion

Have to agree, this seems rather like an update as opposed to a upgrade. I am using 2024 at the moment and can basically do without the additional features of 2025. One thing I would really like to see is the ability to render realistic glass reflections and refraction effects.

I know this is possible with CA Premier, I don't see why this one feature cannot be included in the HDP software. There is such a huge increase in price between HDP and CA Premier.

I made a suggestion to CA to make available plug-ins that can be purchased separately that would allow for additional effects for those that want them,

or offer an upscale version - Home Designer Pro MAX.

Just a realistic looking glass would be a huge improvement (for me anyway)   

Renerabbit you are right. I think I spoke too soon. Downloaded the 2025 trial and there are some good features as well as additions in the Rendering Technique Options.

Opened a design from 2024 and the PB rendering looks pretty good. I use the software primarily to create photographic images of house designs to show potential customers realistic renderings of what  their house would look like prior to being built, hence the desire for realistic glass effects.

I guess I will work around the glass issue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have the 2024 architectural version.  I "thought" that the major distinction between the premier line and the Pro version was that premier was for true architects / professionals so productivity tools makes perfect sense, but not really for the home designer line.  I was thinking of upgrading to Pro 2025 so that I would at least be able to do anything the software was capable of - minus the options that professionals would need - macros, productivity tools, professional layout sheets, etc.

I just want to use the software to build out my current house and create models of additions we are considering.  Unfortunately, I do have a wacky roof design - done by the previous owner that didn't consult an architect so I am hoping the pro version will allow my to do whatever the premier line would allow from a roof design perspective.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2024 at 6:49 PM, Savuti said:

Have to agree, this seems rather like an update as opposed to a upgrade. I am using 2024 at the moment and can basically do without the additional features of 2025. One thing I would really like to see is the ability to render realistic glass reflections and refraction effects.

I know this is possible with CA Premier, I don't see why this one feature cannot be included in the HDP software. There is such a huge increase in price between HDP and CA Premier.

I made a suggestion to CA to make available plug-ins that can be purchased separately that would allow for additional effects for those that want them,

or offer an upscale version - Home Designer Pro MAX.

Just a realistic looking glass would be a huge improvement (for me anyway)   

Hi.  I am new here.  Can you share some renders do with Home Designer.  I am looking if the interior renders are good or can be export and render in a rendering software.  I want to make bathroom and Kitchen for clients, but I can find the right software that can not be to costly.  I look Chief Architect, but got to many tools that i did not need.  I am only need 3D floorplans, bath and kitchens design and rendering.  For Exterior I use Sketchup.