Stop roof layer from displaying

Moose13

Good morning - 

I'm a former user of CA X2 and I forget how to turn this layer off. I'm looking to only show the roof rafters and T&G sheathing. Please advise......thank you!

Delete Layer.png

I imagine things have changed since X2 :)

9 hours ago, Moose13 said:

I forget how to turn this layer off

It's right there in Display Options -- it will be obvious.

Maybe something in this video too.

Hi Eric - I don't see anything that would be labeled that layer. If I make roof planes invisible, it will take it away but, also the roof shingles and sheathing. I'll mess around with the options in your video. Thank you!!!

1 hour ago, y-g-m-n said:

Try turning off the CEILING planes to see rafters or roof plane since you have a vaulted ceiling the rafters are sandwiched in between.

Good morning - 

I turned off ceiling planes, and locked them, from the start. The layer I marked with the red X is part of the roof plane. If I turn off roof planes, the roof shingles, sheathing, and that white layer will all disappear. Thank you anyway!

20 minutes ago, Rookie65 said:

Have you tried setting the ceiling thickness to "0""? That should eliminate the materials and leave the framing showing. 

Hi Keith - I have the ceiling layers turned off, and locked. The layer I'm referencing is part of the roof layer. Thank you anyway!

2 hours ago, solver said:

The video linked above shows what Keith suggested. Set your Ceiling Finish to 0".

A bit more info ...

Hi Eric - I do have those settings setup as you described. I remember having this same issue when I was an avid user of CA X2. It took me months to get the defaults setup in there to do exactly what I wanted for every plan. Long story short, I lost 10 years of work on X2. The rendering I'm showing here is just a design I'm thinking of doing at our new house. It was done mostly with the slab tool which I know can confuse the software as to what's what. Later today, I'll try to attach the file on here so you can see what I have. 

Thank you again!!