Sign in to follow this  
jeffreybianchi

Fascia Gap

I'm using HD Pro 1015

I'm drawing the as-built for a home remodel.

As you can see from the first image, the roof extends down further over the right portion of the house.  There's no porch or anything.  It's just a lower, deeper overhang than on the rest of the house.

Problem is, I can't figure out how to get rid of the gap in the fascia (see second drawing).

Any help is always appreciated...thanks.

Floor Plan-Perspective Full Overview Image.pdf

Floor Plan-Perspective Full Overview Image 2.pdf

Thanks Eric, but still lost.  I still want to know how to get the soffit of the lower part of the roof all the way to the edge of the house.

I'm afraid I don't know what "default to overhang" means.  I tried unchecking it, and put a negative value in the box below, and it made the soffit a little wider, but then it stops and there's still a gap.

You should probably post the plan.

post-171-0-20721100-1461264537_thumb.jpg

Eric:

Not sure if you will have another idea but I was able to achieve the look by simply manually building the fascia with the soffit tool.

I'm pretty sure that because I have one continuous roof plane with two different heights and baselines that the program can only accommodate directions for one.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Floor Plan-Perspective Full Overview Image 3.pdf

I'm pretty sure that because I have one continuous roof plane with two different heights and baselines that the program can only accommodate directions for one.  Maybe I'm wrong.

I believe you are correct. I tried this in Chief and it fails in a different way. The box fills in correctly, but then the other side is incorrect.

I noticed the odd baselines too, but redrawing the roof still leaves a gap where the roof plane is extended.

post-171-0-48209300-1461277427_thumb.jpg

Here's what I came up with using Suite 2016.....

One thing I notice was none of the walls are Gabled. Looking at the pics, that's not a 8" pitch

I think the end walls should be gabled and then extend the roof down.

post-3421-0-22705400-1461353733_thumb.pngpost-3421-0-23319100-1461353763_thumb.png