Natural ground level on elevations

grnbuildthebasin

For my planning submission to council, I need to show the natural ground level (i.e. before any site works/cut and fill - not finished ground level) as a line on my elevations. I have the levels from the site survey but of course my plan (and elevations) show the finished ground level.

Any idea how I can add a line that shows the natural ground level on my elevations?

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2024.

12 hours ago, Rookie65 said:

Can't you just draw a cad line to show it?

obviously. But it's not a simple block so I was hoping there is some way the tool can calculate it instead of me having to calculate all the heights, etc to draw it.

Could you draw your existing terrain and create the elevations, trace over them in elevation view with cad lines and set a color. Then edit the terrain to the proposed ground level. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.fb8d98a5547a97d26ec4b1afda00cfc6.PNG

USE TERRAIN ELEVATION TOOLS.

They have elevation points, lines and splines.

Insert these points, lines etc and give each an elevation

(after drawing select for edit and in the edti screen is all sorts of things and ELEVATION being one of them)

Then after they are all in go and REBUILD Terrain.

All sorts of terrain things covered in help screen manual.

If you have survey plans with elevation lines you can import data sometimes.

Strongly suggest checking out help screen and search some topics on elevation - click on links in there and dig down and then practice.

Heck might be a video on HD support page

Thanks all. I ended up reverting all my levels back to "natural" and drew the line in the elevations then set the levels back to the proposed ones. This also provided an opportunity to question some of the new levels and whether they really needed to change from what is currently there so a worthwhile exercise.