Some weird things happening in HDP 24

Sourgrain

Go to solution Solved by solver,

Hello, I am having some issues with a project that I have in HDP 2024. One of my gable walls isn’t showing framing, although plan view shows a wall there. Also for some unknown reason I now have drywall on the front exterior and siding on the interior. Checked the wall definition and it is correct. All these things seemed to happen on their own. I closed out everything and reopened but it still shows up the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Sourgrain said:

All these things seemed to happen on their own.

I feel you but actually the software is merely a robot or a machine that only does what you tell it to do, otherwise it just creates as it was preset and used by new users. I suggest that you set about to read, bit by bit in small study sessions your "User's Manual" which contains most of what you need to know about the software and how to get it to a particular product. It has certain preprogrammed routines but the software is NOT smart, it has no judgement or intelligence. Through study, practice and perseverance over time your competence will grow to a point where you just create.

DJP

It does happen on its own, as I have seen in this version. One can draw the walls, everything is fine. Then a simple change to another object can cause walls to revert the layers without the user having done anything. There are several issues I have seen in 2024 that weren't prevalent in previous versions. I have reported them to technical and they are looking at them. It seems with each new release, something that worked well before becomes corrupted.

So it isn't something a user is doing and the software may have some code issues that cause something to change when it shouldn't.

Hi thanks for the help. I finally got it to revert to the proper layers by reassigning them as another covering I.E. stone , then changing back to either siding or drywall respectively. Seems to have tricked it to change. I've attached my plan for the invisible framing issue on the gable ends. There is also another problem where Im trying to have the rafters extend to the sill plate and support the porch roof onto them. If anyone has any ideas how this could be done I'd appreciate it. 

Thanks

PA House.plan

Also ,  some back story, I initially designed this in HD Architectural but recently upgraded to pro. The house was almost completely done but when I uploaded it to pro I had a bunch of things move and change. The roof went from a cape style to a high shed and a bunch of the grading went haywire. I had to fix a few things .Thanks again for any help.

• Solution
1 hour ago, Sourgrain said:

the invisible framing issue on the gable ends

The framing isn't invisible, it doesn't exist. You need to build wall framing.

And you might review your wall definition. You have the exterior surface material set to be a paver and marked as framing.

ht1.thumb.png.0c809677a379373dd3aecb1e442ee677.png

8 hours ago, solver said:

Select the wall, use the Reverse Layers tool.

When I tried that it did nothing. I wound up just changing the exterior to pavers and interior to stone , then switched back to the proper siding and drywall. It worked. I guess that is a work around.