Three-sided pop-out with Hip-roof?

BoDay1

I need to draw a three sided pop out with a hip roof.

What is the proper way to do this so that the roof and foundation will auto generate?  And note that I need to keep "Auto-generate roof" turned off because I have modified the standard roof for the main part of the structure.

Bo

Orrin's Pop Out.jpg

Orrin's three sides.jpg

Orrin's Ln Existing.plan

In floor plan.

add a room divider across the long straight wall to enclose this "BAY" area as a new room.

Then click on the room area and open the room dialogue menu.

first page Keep it as unspecified but enusre it is INCLUDED in living area.

then go to structure.

Set Ceiling height @ 97.125 if using normal framing of single bottom plate, 92 5/8" pre-cut studs and double top plate. or whatever you want it to be.

then check roof over this room and go thru other options that may interest you.

I am probably leaving things out but that should get you going at least.

might have to manual edit roof planes

Big thanks to all three of you for your help with this.  As I learn more about this program I'm starting to see how there are really multiple ways to approach it... all three of the people who helped with this really had different styles to achieve a similar solution.  I'm particularly keyed in to becoming aware of when to use the auto-generate tools and when to move away from them during the whole process.

My background is as a General Contractor.  Of course with physical construction the "order of operations" is crucial... you don't install insulation before you are done with your plumbing, etc.  I'm starting to see that with this program the order of operations also matters.

Again... thank you very much for your time and thoughts.  I really appreciate it. 

Bo