Sign in to follow this  
DanatCV

Splined driveways & sidewalks won't curve

For some reason, I can no longer create splined driveways and sidewalks (I have successfully created them in the past - even on the drawing I attached.) I create two splined segments that connect but they remain straight and do not have control tabs for curvature adjustment. If I open the properties of the splined segment, the dialog box does include the spline angle setting so that tells me that it indeed is a splined segment, but it functions as a straight segment.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!!!

Small spec.zip

Draw several of the spline segments connected together to form what you desire. You'll see how the curved splines form.

Then adjust the splines to get the desired result.

Use undo as required.

lot2.jpg

Thanks for your post, DIG5050.  Nope, it still won't work. I connected three spline segments but they are acting like straight segments.  Opening the properties of each segments shows them to be spline segments but they act like straight segments... they only have tabs to widen/narrow and lengthen/shorten.  They end up being three straight connected segments angled to each other.  Perhaps I have inadvertently screwed something up in the settings.

You might attach a plan file that demonstrates the problems.

Hi Eric.  I attached the plan file to the first post of this thread. Thanks.

Click-open the 1/4 radius on your front porch sidewalk. It’s dbx looks the same as a straight sidewalk segment. At least it does on my pc. 

Draw two connected sidewalk Spline segments at a 90 degree angle, and they should turn into  curved spline sidewalk you can adjust.