Can't get stairs to lock to a landing

jeffcarp

I am having trouble getting stairs drawn with an intermediate landing.  The stairs go from the basement to the first level with an intermediate landing that supports a 180 degree change of direction.  I've defined the landing at -48" from 0 which is 50% of the basement floor's height.

The basement stairs to the landing work fine.  However, I can't get the first level's stairs to hit the landing.  Everything that I try results in the first level stairs going all the way to the basement.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  I've attached from screen shots to help visualize my problem.

post-1334-0-42471100-1419181093_thumb.png

post-1334-0-02939500-1419181177_thumb.png

Stair objects and landings have a natural programmed "affinity" for eachothers edges but patience and preciseness of location in thier handling is the key. The more you work with that type of object the more certainty you will gain as to what is required to get the desired results.

DJP

Thanks all. I appreciate it.  I figured it out.  It was unclear to me that I had to draw both stairs on the same drawing level (or maybe I don't, but that is how I figured it out). Originally I drew the landing first, at a fixed height below grade.  Then while on the basement level, I drew the first stair from the basement level floor to the landing. Then I switched to the first level (so I could see where the top of the stair should end) and drew the second stair from the landing to the first level floor level.  It would never "sync up" in that scenario.

As soon as I drew everything while on the basement level everything worked.