Time to upgrade, but

tinyhouseguy

I would like to upgrade to something better than pro-2018 but now the x11 is 3000.00 and the renewal is 700.00 a year, pretty expensive.

So my choices are auto cad LT for 60.00 a mth or chief x11. As it looks Auto Cad LT is the better deal and I always have the latest version. Can someone please give me an

Unbias opinion on the pros and cons of both options so I can make a well-informed decision. 

thanks,

You should have made this decision around the first of the year when Chief always gives discounts/incentives to upgrade.

Don't forget you get to take something off of the X11 price for having Pro 2018.

And Chief does a rent to own so you could spread your payments out and end up owning instead of paying a subscription for ACad.

Why are you considering an upgrade? What features do you want that Pro does not offer?

As for your comparison question, ask on the Chief forum as there are current and past users of Auto CAD.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/

Chatroom is the best spot for this type of question.

58 minutes ago, tinyhouseguy said:

The biggest thing I need is dual dimensioning, both metric and imperial on the same line, I'm losing markets share of my designs, considering 90% of the world is metric.

Why not have 2 plans?

As you know, there isn't a 1 to 1 relationship. 1" = 25.39999983236 mm. 

If you design in one, the other will have odd dimensions.