Changing default material has no effect (walls)

4ndrew

Simply, I want to make the default color for the interior side of exterior walls white.

If I draw a wall without changing the default color (tan), then change the default color to white, it has no effect, and newly drawn walls still use the default tan color.

How can I get this to work?

thanks

Hey David - thanks as always for the help!

It appears that the color (pattern) must be selected via the Wall Types dialog; if edited in Materials, it only changes the fill color, which seems to be overridden by the Pattern in the Wall Types > Define dialog.

I'm going to experiment a bit more, but I'm not sure why, exactly, the Material Defaults dialog doesn't work.

• 3 years later...

Thanks for the video, David.  I am trying to follow what you did in changing the defaults for wall materials, but when I click on Walls in the Default menu I get a much more limited menu see below).  I can only choose which type of wall (Siding-6, etc.) is the default for Exterior and Interior walls, but there is no ability to change the default setting for how different types of walls are constructed or appear.  I am trying to find a way to change the default material for Interior walls to something besides drywall without having to go through and spray paint some other material on every wall.  I am running Suite 2021, perhaps this is a limitation of this version.

Thanks for any help.

image.thumb.png.9653422f1ffdc355a347176837fcd90d.png

1 hour ago, northmark2002 said:

without having to go through and spray paint some other material on every wall

What you are seeing is probably a limitation of Suite, but you can paint a material everywhere in plan with a single click -- no need do every wall.

Read about using the Material Eyedropper.