Multiple small errors

Trueburton

I am having a few small errors while drawing this plan. This is my first full house drawing and I am learning as I go. 

1- I would like the siding to cover the end of this wall as it does on the other end of the building but I dont know how to correct it.

2- There are a few areas on the foundation that show this line 8" in from the wall. Its not a big deal but I'd like to eliminate it if possible.

3 & 4-  I have no clue where these came from or what they are. Please help.

5- I have place corner boards on every corner but for some reason they will no appear on this wall. I have attic walls in the trusses to simulate energy heel trusses. I have place corner boards on the attic walls as well but it still wont show up on this wall.

Also, Is there a way to eliminate that small divider line at each floor level on the corner boards?

Thanks for the help!2017-12-09.thumb.png.31f896db9f9125ef95139195ffa025af.png

Grit_10_auto_save.plan

Corner boards. Delete them all. Auto place them on floor 1. Select each one and drag the top up, and/or the bottom down as needed.

I think Pro has Through Wall At Start and Through Wall At End. If so, read up on them, and on turning on Start and End indicators. These are wall settings that might help with #1.

You should rethink the foundation -- not structurally, but how it's modeled. It's best to not manually adjust walls by dragging the top or bottom.

I've attached a plan done quickly, but you will be able to see what I did. Starting with an auto built foundation.

Set garage height and basement wall height then build foundation.

Drag a wall across where the back part of the house is lower -- this could be a room divider, I just dragged a foundation wall across.

Increase the Stem Wall height to lower the footing in that newly formed foundation room.

Also, your pony walls need to align to the main layer, not the outside layer. I'm sure the siding laps over a bit.

Grit_10_auto_save (eric).zip

Eric,

Thanks for the help.

The pony wall main layer alignment issue fixed a few other concerns I hadn't mentioned.

As for the modeling of the foundation, I had read in a previous post or article that said in order to make stepped foundations I would need to drag them. This has created the issues with walls not aligning and  eliminates the room divider. But I see what you are saying, the room divider would simplify things.

One other question. Can I add a window into an attic gable wall? It wont let me. Im sure there is some work around to this.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Trueburton said:

Can I add a window into an attic gable wall? It wont let me. Im sure there is some work around to this.

I am able to add a window to all gables. The 1st floor front wall of the house is set to Balloon Through Ceiling Above, and that setting should be unchecked. 

When you place a window that does not fully show on the exterior, you usually have 2 walls in the same space, and one needs to be removed.

A general tip -- the more you can get the software to do things automatically, the better (cleaner) the model will be.

I got it to put a window in one time but only the casing appeared, no glazing. I think i had two walls but now it wont do it at all. I will try unchecking balloon through ceiliing.  

On a similar note, How do you get corbels to attach to underside of soffit? They seem to only go to top of 1st floor wall.

Thanks!

56 minutes ago, Trueburton said:

On a similar note, How do you get corbels to attach to underside of soffit? They seem to only go to top of 1st floor wall.

automatic behavior can be done using the "Control Key (CTRL)" to override default location ability.

58 minutes ago, Trueburton said:

I got it to put a window in one time but only the casing appeared, no glazing. I think i had two walls but now it wont do it at all. I will try unchecking balloon through ceiliing.  

On this one, you placed the window in a first-floor wall and then drug it into an attic wall (doesn't work, does it?). What you should do is to place the window in the attic wall or level so the window is then part of the attic level and in an attic wall, then the window will show through. You can place the window on the <A> level or attic level or using a camera view left-click-create the window directly to and on an attic wall.

DJP

37 minutes ago, Trueburton said:

I got it to put a window in one time but only the casing appeared

Just what happened to me, and a sure sign of having 2 walls in that spot.

37 minutes ago, Trueburton said:

How do you get corbels to attach to underside of soffit? 

Symbols like corbels need to be manually placed. I usually move them vertically in elevation and horizontally in plan. You can open them and adjust height, or use Transform/Replicate too.

On a gable, for example, place them going up one side as you like, then select them and Copy/Reflect about the ridge. That makes them symmetrical about the ridge. 

I always encourage others to get the structure complete before adding extras like corbels. 

And I'll also encourage you to make use of the auto roof tools -- at least to start with. That is, use the auto build roof to get the basic roof, then if needed, use the manual tools to make it correct.

Here I manually did the porch, but everything else is automatically done. 

ht2.thumb.jpg.bf24baf218f4221917dca70ca8fedd64.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am very close to completing this but I am still having a few small errors similar to what I had before.

It seems like there are walls that are not at the same heights or something but I double checked and couldn't find the error.

Also tried deleting the attic walls and selecting "balloon through ceiling", that did solve a few of the errors where it shows the double wall but It still wont get rid of that last wall by the rear slider.

I have also tried deleting  the entire wall where the errors are and rebuilding but nothing is fixing them.

Thanks for the help

Grit_13_auto_save.plan

Grit 13 elevation.jpg

Im not worried about the terrain at this point. 

The bump out in the front is not giving me any issues.

Its the rear elevation that I posted about that I am trying to fix.

I did the pony wall in order to do the step foundation but maybe that is not the best use for this situation?

5a450bd7e5599_Southelevation.thumb.PNG.29d2629c66a1a118565805655ff4c7ad.PNG