Suites vs. Pro

dmacgregor

Thank you very much.

I don't know what the Utility room was on the side of the garage so I took it out.

I'm trying to change the pitch of the garage roof (steeper) so I changed 8" to 10" in both side walls and it didn't change the pitch of the roof.

This is what I'm talking about.

I just spent 2 days trying to learn everything I could from tutorials about roofs and now it doesn't work on your plan.

Frustrating to say the least.

9 minutes ago, dmacgregor said:

I'm trying to change the pitch of the garage roof (steeper) so I changed 8" to 10" in both side walls and it didn't change the pitch of the roof.

Not sure which plan you are using, but make sure you are changing the uppermost floor walls.

On 9/30/2017 at 4:03 PM, dmacgregor said:

The dog run at the back corner will be turned into a one storey studio.

Is the concrete structure with the fence, the dog run?  If so that's why I put the utility room there.

The garage roof is on the second floor, that's where you change the pitch. 6" is about as high you should go.

22 minutes ago, LawB10 said:

Is the concrete structure with the fence, the dog run?  If so that's why I put the utility room there.

The garage roof is on the second floor, that's where you change the pitch. 6" is about as high you should go.

The concrete structure with the fence is the dog run, yes. It will be turned into a study when the garage is built.

25 minutes ago, LawB10 said:

OK. Done. I increased the pitch from 4 to 6

Super job LawB10. Much appreciated.

What I am learning is that the simplest solution is not always the best one.

i just wish there was a package where I could just grab walls and roofs with the mouse and drag them to where I want them, like the heights of walls

and pitches of roofs. In this age of the mouse (last 28 years) that should be possible.

Thanks again.