deck ghosting

StevenR

I am designing a deck around our above ground pool. There has been a lot of changes to get the right shape around the oval shaped pool.

I am using Architecture 2018.

When in 3D view, I see a deck at the default height that appears after I adjust the absolute elevation of the deck's floor.

I've attached the image of the problem.

As a dire attempt to figure out what it is tied to, I removed everything including the house shell until nothing was left.

This deck ghost remains.

Has anyone seen this before? I've tried search forum and the KB for ghosting with no success. Maybe this is a bug?

Steve

side view ghost.jpg

This is germane to legacy plans and to Architectural in general. Legacy plans always have to be worked over when saved forward, you get error messages about material names that have since changed and also how 3D symbols differ from more antique versions to more modern ones (these often have to be deleted and then replaced). I have seen this kind of deck ghosting as well mainly in legacy plans. This would be  easy to fix in Home Designer Pro or Premier but not so much in Architectural because Architectural has NO ability to select and edit framing or deck framing members (you cannot merely select and delete the unwanted deck planking), sorry.

DJP

• 5 years later...

Hi Solver,

I have been having this issue with Chief Architect Architectural 2023

I have only been using for a month or so.

I made changes to the deck, but the sturcture stays where it was!

how did you delete?

This has happened more than once, and I tried playing with camera defaults etc.

Everything is pretty good for the way i have it,

but I had to alter my walkthru so that you can't see so floor support hanging in the air.

I use alot of different software, so I am used to bugs.

I know this is an old post...hopefully it still gets seen.

Thanks!

ghost-image.PNG