Roof generating on wrong level or floor

KevBel

Hi..Why is one piece of my roof generating on the wrong floor.. it is generating on the second floor but I want it to generate on the first floor... to match the far side of the house.

At the same time the roof overhang on the second floor will not generate.. Can anyone help me please...

Many thanks & cheers..

Kev

post-8213-0-95645500-1477782365_thumb.jpg

526MarineParade_01-G3-Roofing Plan.plan

Hi again..

Okay I have gone right back to the basics and started off by drawing a whole new plan and level one ....ie just four walls, put my sloping roof on, then added the second floor or level 2 as just a basic rectangle that stretches from the front to the back of level one, then sloped its roof.. (Not as wide as level one)

the problem always occurs when I try to add on the 'alcove' and bring it out to the edge off the house at level one.. I just can't get this one piece of roof to generate on the first floor.. Anyone got an ideas or is it just something that can't be done in architectual?

Cheers

I took a very quick look at the plan -- this may be a challenge without manual roofs.

Not sure what the 1st level roof should look like, so I can't give specifics, but to get this, I broke the front wall and unchecked High Shed / Gable.

Probably did some other things too.

post-171-0-59607400-1478035269_thumb.jpg

Hi again..Law and Jo Ann..

Thanks for your help on this ..yes Jo Ann you have got it right in understanding what I am trying to do , but I have to admit I hadn't yet thought carefully about rain run off... (Lol.. So many things to consider when designing a house huh!)

I guess at this stage I was thinking that rain run off could be caught at the bottom of the roof, by the stairwell wall, then directed via a 'spouting' solution off the roof, or back on to the first, lower part of that particular roof plane..... and then off the roof.

I've been trying to solve the problem in its most basic form by starting a whole new plan, drawing just your basic four level 1 walls, then adding the 2nd level...it seems every time I get the 2nd floor outer wall of the stairwell wall close or on top of the level 1 floor, the roof jumps up to be on level 2...

I did get the roof to drop down by putting a line break in the wall which is under the highest part of the roof but that still didn't not produce a perfect result as it built a gable into the roof, in the corner where the roof meets the stairwell.. Damn this is hard to explain with just words...lol..

I'll keep trying and any other help will definitely be appreciated.. Thanks again to you both for your help so far

Cheers