Rapidnurse

Kohler vanities

I like Kohler's vanities, but has anyone figured out how to place the sinks into them?

HD Arch 17.

What Kohler vanities are you referring to?

Download the Kohler catalog from the Home Designer website. The objects work the same as the ones from Library

The objects do not work the same as the ones from the library. I have to use a shelf to put on top,

and you can't put the sink in but you can place them on the top.

The 2 pics show how they work.

The pic on the left is a base cabinet from the library and a sink from the Kohler catalog

The one on the right is a Kohler Vanity and a sink from the library. You have to lower sink down into the vanity a inch or two and use a soffit or custom counter top.

The reason it sits on top is because it was designed that way or it's from 3d warehouse.

When you tried to place the sink, you should have gotten message, if you did not, then the software doesn't recognize the object

post-3421-0-38994800-1463625778_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

In other words, sinks get placed in cabinets with countertops.  The Kohler vanity symbols aren't cabinets so far as the program is concerned, so you can't just place a sink in them.

Is this still the case or has anyone found a way to actually use a kohler sink with their vanity / counter top combo? I am amazed they didn't try such a simple use of their library.