How to create good quality elevations?

MoreyCarpentry

Go to solution Solved by MoreyCarpentry,

Hey there,

I have 2017 Pro. I use the elevation camera tool to make for an example, front elevation. Looks great, BUT when I send to layout it turns into bad quality and when printed looks horrible. How can I get the elevation in the layout to look as good as the elevation camera view?

Thanks!

Matt.

Not completely sure what you are looking for, the Send to Layout dialog doesn't seem to have any quality options. But this is what is selected: Send position: nothing  Send Options: Entire Plan/View  Camera View Options: Live View > Update on Demand (Camera View Options does not let me change, these are default)  Scaling: 1/2" = 1' and Use Layout Line Scaling box is checked  Plot Line Options Default Line Weight is 18, Default Pattern Weight is 10 and Merge Generated Lines is checked.

Thanks!

Matt.

Sounds like 2017 has some options I don't have in 2016.

What "Rendering Technique" do you have active when you go to send the view?

Elevations are typically "Vector" but your description makes me think you may have switched to something else.

If you're not in Vector, can you switch to that rendering technique and then get the options Marcy suggested when sending to layout?

• Upvote 1