Rookie65

Members
  • Posts

    1168
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Rookie65

  1. Probably because you have "rounded value indicators" turned on. The check box tells you what you'll see. I don't see a menu like that in my version of HD Pro 2025? Please post questions in "Q&A." Tips and Techniques is where you post something you have discovered that may help others.
  2. If you try it as 3 separate ones. Like an inverted bay window roof
  3. I have never tried it, yet could it be done with roof planes with a very low baseline and thin structure?
  4. Rookie65

    Truss view missing

    Did you turn on roof trusses to be visible in those camera views?
  5. If you look at the top of that article, you will see where it applies to legacy products of Pro & Architectural, not Suite.
  6. Rookie65

    Help with Roof!

    If you click one of the roof planes, look along the bottom tool bar towards the right side. Unless you have your tool bar set other than default. Or just search under "Roof."
  7. Rookie65

    Help with Roof!

    There's a tool that looks like 2 triangles at an angle that is the roof connector. You click on the 1st roof, then the one you want to join it with. Plus make sure the break in the edges is the same distance from the ridge. Likely more of an explanation in the reference manual. Should update your signature now that you're using Home Designer 2027 too
  8. Try going up a floor? I'd be more worried about that roof to the left of that over the deck.
  9. If they show up in the floor plan view, you should be able to delete each plane. I don't know what Suite will let you make for changes
  10. I do, yet they don't allow transfers anymore. I don't think that catalog will work with anything before 2023.
  11. For sail shades, they are in the bonus catalogs: Exteriors and Landscaping>Exterior Sail Shades However, they weren't available until 2023, so you likely won't be able to access them with Suite 2019. You can read what the new version Home Designer 2027 will cost you to upgrade. It's a subscription model, so Suite, Architectural, & Pro are all one program now.
  12. I don't know if Chief Architect gets a chance to look at Home Designer very often anymore. If you look at the Chief Architect forum comments, and with what some of the users there whine about, it's a miracle that they get any updates done. I really think some of those users are waiting for when the program will be able to make their breakfast!
  13. Plus a wider sill plate helps with allowable spans of the joists. Sometimes even a 2x8 sill on a 10" poured foundation wall can help with framing joist spans determination
  14. Rookie65

    Deck defaults

    Your image shows just the framing material. If you want the decking to be Azek, you go the "materials" section, and set it there. Also in the structure tab
  15. Yes. Put a room divider going diagonally at the corner. Then check the defaults to make sure your joists are going from the house out. The decking will be perpendicular to the joists.
  16. Ok. Might need to add foundation breaks for the areas that need the 2x6, and set the default to 2x4, whichever is easier for you at this point.
  17. I know you have a monolithic slab. I'm just wondering if it's a default item for any foundation if it's not removed? Without seeing your plan, it's just guesswork.
  18. See what your foundation default has. It may be using the default 5-1/2" sill plate from there.Maybe change that to 3-1/2", or change it to no sill plate and see if it goes away. Sill plate is usually the term for the sill on top of a foundation between the concrete and the floor joists/rim joist. The bottom of a wall is often refereed to as a "shoe", at least here..
  19. Yes. The way 2026 butchered what 2025 had and worked was disheartening. Plus it didn't sound like 2027 replaced what was suggested to add back.
  20. I didn't see anything that looked like an "I've got to have this!" Plus, my HD 2026 won't even stay open on my machine. I deleted the program and my subscription expires on 8/13. I am just fine using my HD Pro 2025.
  21. Did you turn on a dormer to automatically build over the patio door?
  22. You would only need to save a new layout page if you change the plan. Save the pdf to your desktop, then add all of the layout pages into one last pdf to make the full plan set
  23. Rookie65

    Trusses

    I don't think auto-build roof trusses were available until HD Pro 2022 or later, if that is what you're asking about?
  24. Just save them as Pdf's and you can make as many pages you want. Just change the page name and number as you go
  25. The sizes shown by default for doors are inches broken into foot/inches. Example is 2668 = 30" x 80" (always width x height" You could change the dimension in the "label" tab to %width%x%height% to have it show in inches. If you want other text, you can add it to the label box too. Yet after a while, it can look cluttered with too much information. That why I do a separate door and window schedule at the end and number the doors 1,2,etc. in a text box w/a square shape