Bottom railing connection issues w/Newels

twiseva

Go to solution Solved by solver,

S/W: Home Designer Pro 2024

Ok, so I have some railings within my house, and they do have newels connecting them at various spots. I have those in the plan ok BUT the bottom rail seems not to connect correctly when there are newels in place. See below for what I am talking about. Any settings or tricks to correct this? I have exhausted my ideas so far.

image.thumb.png.3651c89c770dba012dc27fc23422de16.png

If it matters, here is the plan view:

image.png.06dfedb5f9ed95a9d0440e4a8a7d2d95.png

And without newels the bottom rail is correct/complete:

image.thumb.png.c008686bdd62c39deb9b33426d434373.png

Cheers, Tony.

13 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

The only controls available to you for that are resident in the Railing Specification Box for each railing wall, take a careful look, please.

DJP

Hey DJP, so I can't find anything that helps (if I am missing something feel free to point the way)! So I guess this is a defect in the app. It's pretty minor but annoying.

• Solution

Place the newel manually.

Or, use a Pony Wall. Use a solid railing wall below set to be tall enough so the wall cap shows for your bottom rail. Normal railing wall above with no bottom rail.

@solver, thank for the pony wall suggestion. Worked like a charm. Excellent. For anyone else looking and is a novice like me, see below for the configuration (I also removed the bottom rail from the railing section):

image.thumb.png.5d67d248ac88226c5ed92cbd4d5924bf.png

Which results in a nice continuous bottom rail:

image.thumb.png.37ca8361718ddfc476963f573f9405e7.png

image.png