Show room label (which shows the square feet) is turned off on every room

Plainwacky

Somehow the "show room label" has been turned off on all rooms even though in the "display options -> Room labels" is checked. I have tried to uncheck it and check it with no change. 
I can click on each room and manually check "show room label" and it will display. 
How do I get them all turned back on?

Open "Display Options dialog "Tools - Layer Settings - Display Options where you will then find all named layers alphabetically listed. What you are interested in are the "R" layers under the "Room" category ( Rooms, Room Labels , Room, Interior Area, Interior Dimensions and lastly Rooms, Standard Area ).

This is discussed in detail in your Reference Manual ( Help - Reference Manual )

DJP

8 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

Open "Display Options dialog "Tools - Layer Settings - Display Options where you will then find all named layers alphabetically listed. What you are interested in are the "R" layers under the "Room" category ( Rooms, Room Labels , Room, Interior Area, Interior Dimensions and lastly Rooms, Standard Area ).

This is discussed in detail in your Reference Manual ( Help - Reference Manual )

DJP

I have Home Designer Pro...there is no "layer setting"

6 minutes ago, solver said:

You might want to reread what David said. I'm not sure it's helpful in this situation, but is something you should know about.

2132994172_ht1.thumb.PNG.de5728b49336f2f63e6e4ca7f1ef81ae.PNG

I thought he was referring to the ability to turn off layer. Regardless, as I stated, I have the room labels checked...so not sure why they aren't displaying. I have also checked the default settings. 

layers.jpg

15 hours ago, Plainwacky said:
15 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

I have Home Designer Pro...there is no "layer setting"

That is not true, please look again, it is there and has been being there in every version of Home Designer and Chief software for over a decade.

DJP

26 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

That is not true, please look again, it is there and has been being there in every version of Home Designer and Chief software for over a decade.

DJP

If I follow exactly follow your instructions...which was....Open "Display Options dialog "Tools - Layer Settings - Display Options where you will then find all named layers alphabetically listed.

I'm not seeing "Layer Settings" as shown in the screen shot below

layers.png

3 hours ago, solver said:

That's because there is no Tools>Layer Settings>Display Options in Pro (only in Chief Architect), but there is Tools>Display Options

That's what I thought he was referring to....and why I showed the which items were "on" or "off".