Cameras and Labels do not shown when sent to Layout

Pachecoarch

Go to solution Solved by solver,

Are you trying to show them as a section view so they know the materials, etc.? If that's the case, when you place the camera where you want it on the plan, use a CAD line to trace over the camera lines at the ends and extend them out of the building. Then draw another one perpendicular to the end point, then go to "callouts" under text. I use the triangle and label them "A,B," etc. You can turn the triangle to face in the direction the view is in. Once you have your view, add a label or some item to the view. Then, when you go to close the camera, the program will ask if you want to save the elevation view. Say yes, and it's there. You can then copy the lines and the markers,then move up and down floors and "Save, hold position" and the section arrows will be on each floor.

Other than that, I am not sure what your term of "Design intent" is trying to focus on?

I thought I would be able to use the  camera symbols, with custom labels, in my layout sheets as is. I understand that I can use CAD lines and callouts to create the markers on the layout views. I am wondering why we need to duplicate the effort when camera symbols and custom labels are already available? They just don’t or can’t show up on a layout sheet. Duplicated efforts only add to the risk of errors within contract documents.

proper drafting would be section lines on plan to show where section view is.

Try using cross section elevation under 3D orthographic views

Then in plan view turn go to TOOLS - DISPLAY OPTIONS and turn on Section lines.

See if that does not help - I have never really used it much but might do what you want.

• Solution
On 12/19/2023 at 8:07 AM, Pachecoarch said:

I am wondering why we need to duplicate the effort when camera symbols and custom labels are already available?

Because that's one of the many things the people at Chief decided to omit from Home Designer.

Chief has all the functionality you desire, and it's all easy and automatic.