Wall Alignment Issues

BoDay1

This seems like it should be so easy but it is a struggle.

I'm bringing an interior wall to an exterior wall right at a corner.

Of course the walls are different thicknesses.

It will not flush-out as I need it to.

Also, if I run a half-wall off that same area the programs strips the drywall off the wall surface above the half-wall.

what am I doing wrong?

wall three.jpg

wall two.jpg

Wall.jpg

In example 2 and 3 the interior of the walls are not in line. Example 1, I replicated you issue when I used a half wall which marks it as a railing. I unchecked railing which makes it a full height wall, but then selected the top of the wall in camera view and pulled it down which corrected the missing drywall. 989187333_071020231.thumb.PNG.83376876ea9e4bd6fd20805e29195c5c.PNG1723513660_071020232.thumb.PNG.28db798cd6b52e070e43b75f3b5384cc.PNG

Thanks Y-g-m-n,

But then what do you do when you have a 2x4 interior wall meeting a 2x6 exterior wall?

If the framing lines-up centered then I can't get the surfaces right... but there must be some way to address this very common situation in building...

Bo

I managed to get the walls to line up simply by holding the ctrl key while moving it with the mouse.

But the drywall is still removed even when I unselect the railing feature.

I've tried drawing the wall as a regular interior wall and then just pulling it down in 3D but it still removes the drywall.

drywall problem.jpg

Try going to the "structure" tab of one of the adjoining walls and select to continue the wall from the start or the end. Tough to tell from the picture if the wall running vertically is actually aligned. Much better to draw it as a half wall, rather than get in the habit of dragging walls down.