Strange Lines in "Cross Section/Elevation View

Erichk1

I am working on a plan that looks just great when I view it in perspective or any other camera view. However, when I view it in "Cross Section/Elevation" view, there are all these mysterious vertical and horizontal lines that appear that do not show up in any of the other views.

At first, I thought they were walls that were not aligned properly with the walls below or above. I have gone through the entire drawing and used the "align with wall above/below" buttons and thought that would take care of it. It doesn't. I have attached two pictures with circled areas that are problems. These are only views from two sides, but the problem is the same on all four sides. I have also included a picture in perspective view to show that the lines do not show up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Erich Kaiser

Home Designer Pro 2022 for MAC

Build: 23.4.1.8OSX

IMAC 27"

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Hi David,

How can I get the lines to be removed in the Vector camera view? 

In the Standard camera view you do not see the vertical lines that delineate a setback etc.

It is very frustrating.

Erich

Is there someone with more knowledge that can help me?

That is unacceptable. You are asking me to upgrade to something that i don't need, and also would have to learn. 

There should be a better, easier answer than this. 

Should I ask the question again to the forum and let someone else answer?

Erich

• 3 months later...

I've literally spent hours trying to make those lines go away. Deleting walls, adjusting wall surfaces, you name it. I'm doing the final renderings for the layout and can't have them in it. I agree with Erichk1 that there should be a better answer, but on the other hand I have a $600 program that works 90% as well as other >$2,000 programs, so I guess you have to put up with some things that don't work as well as you would like.

Sometimes those are created by rebuilding walls. When you click on the surface, you may see the 'Polyline produced by 3D wall editor" comment in the bottom left of the screen. The program seems to build multiple layers that aren't necessarily visible, yet show up in camera views. You can try clicking them and deleting them. Try that until you have it down to the wall that should be there. I hope this makes sense?

Well, I thought it would be OK, but my elevations show the lines

I tried switching the elevations to standard view and other views, but it doesn't work for this illustration. I ended up drawing white boxes over the lines as a way to keep moving on with the project.

Screenshot 2023-07-07 090211.png

Screenshot 2023-07-07 090309.png

Screenshot 2023-07-07 091518.png

34 minutes ago, Rookie65 said:

Sometimes those are created by rebuilding walls. When you click on the surface, you may see the 'Polyline produced by 3D wall editor" comment in the bottom left of the screen. The program seems to build multiple layers that aren't necessarily visible, yet show up in camera views. You can try clicking them and deleting them. Try that until you have it down to the wall that should be there. I hope this makes sense?

Interesting. I posted the above "hack" before I saw this, Keith. I tried single click on the area on the elevation and then deleted, but it deleted the entire wall. I've done this before and had it work, but also haven't. The white box and white lines will get me through delivering this project. 

I've talked to other builders & designers who have worked with Chief Architect product (not sure if it was CA or HDP) and they complain of the random lines that they can't make go away as well. It's annoying, that's for sure.

Yes, it is. When I delete them, I will go until the wall deletes, then arrow forward one action to get it back. Yes, it's frustrating, yet as you go, you will find other little things that may not make sense either.