Door Casing Options

sjonesya

I can't figure out how to get rid of the wide casing at the top of the door (one side only) and replace it with the standard casing with mitered corners. I finally figured out how to achieve this on one side of the door by selecting "Separate Trim and Materials on Each Side", but I can't figure out how to mimic this on the other side of the door. See attached image. Thank you

Capture.PNG

Yes, you can.

Open a NEW plan (default style template) and tile it beside your existing plan.

Add a door to an interior wall in a temporary building (in the new plan), then copy the door.

With your original plan selected as the active plan, paste this door into the plan.

Is that what you wanted?

• Like 2

Thanks LawB10, that's exactly what I needed. I didn't realize that once I select the initial template I'm not able to change door styles etc, on the fly.

Eric, I'll add the info to my signature, thanks for the tip. 

Much appretiated

Shannon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

updated In hope it helps others

I had the same issue with windows and whatever else required mitered casing. In the library browser in the User Catalog I created a folder using the street address and then under there i Began creating folders for doors , windows, walls and materials  I created like birds eye maple or quarter sawn heavy flake red oak for panels.

I guess I am staring to use the program a bit better

Version: Home Designer Architectural 2021 (64 bit)

I also found that when creating a new material that the texture source should be 1024 x 1024 it seemed the standard size the apps textures. 

I used the app  IrFranView which made this cake using these settings.

image.thumb.png.6f62f8ab8669c185e47b2ff2c4e81bcb.png

image.png

• 1 year later...

Hey there, I totally feel you on this one! I have the same problem with my doors, and I've been trying to figure it out for ages. I checked out the image you attached, and it looks like a tricky situation. Unfortunately, the suggestion you made didn't work for me.I wanted to redesign the doors I found at https://doorsdirect2u.co.uk/product-category/french-doors/ to make them fit into my interior design. But I'm a dummy in this app, and it's challenging for me to make something I have in my mind. I checked out some online tutorials, and nothing helped.