Hi All New User Question

Sheen73

Hello just really wanted to pop in and say hello. I have been watching the videos and they are an immense help. Having some trouble with the custom roof but I'm getting it figured out.

One question I do have, I am making our current layout before proceeding build the remodel. The slab and stem height is off. I need there to be no stem, just flat slab with footers and the garage to be 6" below floor level. Garage I was able to modify and get right for the most part but the rest of house, the floor height etc keeps resetting after I click out of object window?

Original.pdf

Foundations can be drawn manually or "automatically" (all "Automatic" procedures are dependant upon YOU properly pre-setting all attributes and settings before "auto" building anything, so it is only usefully "Automatic" IF your pre-settings are correct in Default Settings and within Room Specification Dialogs). It takes a while to learn where all the settings exist and when and how to use them, so do not get in a hurry but rather be very methodical and plodding until you gain through study and practice what is what and when is when.

DJP

Here is the image, notice the stem walls and floor height. Need them to be flush and no stem wall if I am using the term correctly. Only the garage should really have that. I change floor to 0, stemwall to floor, 0 stemwall to 0 and it reverts. I must have some conflict.

image.thumb.png.291501a4ea5d57d5ee322ff52e4c223f.pngimage.thumb.png.f07affd47570ac68b835af584de7a1ad.png

Solver, thanks! I figured it out.

I had followed the instructions from this article https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-01845/modifying-garage-floor-and-stem-wall-heights.html but I missed the build foundation step. I assumed it was built as you can see it in the image. Actually running that step fixed it and its doing what I would expect.

image.thumb.png.b31c31c5ec22917fe134b4ed0ecff71b.png