Text, Notes

BrewerDesign

I verified your assertion in my trial copy of HD Pro 2020. The problem is that no Home Designer Pro software can assign any object ( 2D or 3D) to layers other than their pre-programmed home layers, sorry. I Chief Premier you can create custom layer names and assign any object to any other layer but that is part of what you get spending more money for the software, sorry.

DJP

• 5 months later...

I would like to ask the same question as Brewer. I understand that there are no custom layers but this layer (Text, Notes) is present in HD Pro. So what objects are programmed to go into this layer. I have tried Rich text, Call outs and all the entities listed under Cad but none goes into that layer. What is the properties of Notes?

Hi ChiefJeet - I moved on and forgot about my original question - but I was recently faced with a situation where separating some text would have been handy.  I guess I thought it was just a bug with nothing on that layer.  I searched everywhere I could think of with no results.  Interesting that "Text, Notes" is not in the "Layer Display Options" for layouts.  Hope someone has an answer.  Thanks.