Convert file from Home Designer Pro to Home Designer Suite

JamesSym

Here you go.....

Auto rebuild is off, that is when you can change the ceiling heights without the roof rebuilding.

To see how it works, turn it back on and look at what happens to the roof. For the front porch, change the ceiling height

108" and look at what happens.  To get that front porch ceiling to work at that height you have to build a second floor and

lower it.

For the hole in the rear, go to the attic.

4 pitch.plan

• Upvote 1

Thank you, everyone is so generous on this forum!!!!!  The ceiling are perfect and I played with the auto rebuild on/off to see how it changes. How did you build the Gable over the front porch? I am playing around, but cannot move it, delete it etc. 

Thank you. Maybe a glitch in my software, but I cannot click on any wall that is associated or attached to the Gable over the door/window.   I think I am in over my head and the learning curve for me is more then I anticipated. I really appreciate everyones time and patience in trying to help guide me, but because my ability / time to learn in time for the construction deadlines is too tight for me to play/learn. I am going to try to hire someone who can help me design this project with/ for me in this Home Designer Suite 2018 / Home Designer Pro 2018.  I also posted in the associated Help Support Forum/Services , but if there is someone here who is looking for a little side work, please email me.   jamesandangeline@hotmail.com

Gotcha- thanks.  At this point, I was tying to duplicate what JoAnn had drawn in Pro , so I could adjust door/window placement and heights then play with heights, widths of the Gables in HDSuite 2018.   Yes, I think because some of the changes people were helping me with were created  in Pro, this prevented me from altering the roof/Gable changes in HDSuite. (In short, I wanted to see a few similar versions of what JoAnn came up with ( note:  a 4' sheer wall / driveway side) that the window needs to be accounted for.  I will order the monthly HDPro and try it for 30days you suggested. 

This was done in Architectural, using only the basic tools that Suite provides.  I tried to be accurate, based on the info you have given.

It will open in the trial version of Architectural or Pro, and can be edited.  Of course, you can't save your edits in the trial versions.

The stucco jpg in the zip file is the exterior wall material that I used.

I also added a box shape in the new living area 10' tall, to clarify the ceiling height.

JamesSym3 .zip