drawing detailed cross section

Trueburton

I am trying to draw a detailed cross section with labels and appropriate call outs for materials for this new home plan I am working on. I did a back clipped cross section to get started.

I want to be able to add/edit items to create a fully detailed cross section without changing anything in the plan drawings. I'd like to crop the image of my back clip and then just edit it from there but I can't figure out how to do it.   How is everyone else doing this?

I guess you could export the cross section as a .dxf file (If that is what you want to do?) and then in that form you could then work on it as you would in AutoCAD where all objects visible are merely lines. I use the method described in the KB article that Rookie65 posted, that is your best solution within HD Pro.

DJP

18 hours ago, Rookie65 said:

I had done a few searches before asking the question but did not find this article. This is exactly what I needed.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Trueburton said:

Also I cant get the "save active camera" to do anything. I click on the button and nothing happens

It just saves the camera -- does not do anything visually.

5 minutes ago, Trueburton said:

yes back clipped cross section.

In plan view, turn on wall framing. Make sure the camera is taking in the wall framing and is not between studs.