Building on a slope problem

Jeff_Rapp

I thought I had this licked in the last one where I had a building tumbling down a slope in 3 levels. I am trying to add a garage to the outside of this design where the slab floor is 1000mm lower than floor 1. Ceiling heights are the same. It just won't let me set that structure. And when I do get it to accept -1000 to Stem Wall Top even though the ceiling height is wrong the terrain around it stays too high. If I put a Terrain Elevation under the garage it drops floor 1 for some reason.

Suggestions, please.

High_Gable.plan

Well, I did try twice now to make a You Tube Video Tutorial on your plan (thanks for sharing it). but my sound (Microphone) is for some reason not working. So I will try to help you by way of text only. Your house model had some incorrect settings Set in "Edit - Default Settings - Floors -Current Floor". What I found was that these Default Settings were NOT being followed in each Room Specification Dialog in your house model (different floor level settings main). Such conflicting settings that you set caused unwanted problems. So I got the majority of the house set the same and then set the Garage to your intended -1000 mm floor setting with a 2,720mm ceiling setting. That series of actions then straightened out the house model.

You have to understand that "Terrain" as a feature was added in 1999 and is an add-on feature in this software. Before 1999 there was no terrain plane feature. So that means that you create the Terrain plane separately from the house structure and once the terrain plane is properly set as to its highs and lows you then set it into a relationship with the house structure as an object. There is NO direct relationship between the Terrain plane and the house model other than what you cause it to have by way of settings in dialog boxes..

DJP

High_Gable.zip

Spectacular help, thanks so much. So I get the lesson right; because I modified/moved/played about with the rooms I ended up with inconsistent floor heights and that affected what happened when I added the garage?

And the process re Terrain would be to create the house first (in total) and then add the Terrain so that it auto adjusts to the house?

If I am understanding this correctly, you want to build a house that accommodates the slope of the property?  The house floor is at one level, and the garage is lower.  The living area appears to be at a different level only because it's ceiling is taller.  Realistically, I don't think it's possible to build the house on a slab, when you consider the property slope (at least not if you are wanting to accommodate the slope).   Assuming that your property elevation is correct, this what what I think you are going to get.

house on a slope.JPG

First:  Click on the terrain and then uncheck Automatic and flatten pad, that way the elevation regions work correctly

Use 3 elevation regions, one for the back, garage and front. To get an idea of how the regions work, raise/lower and expand them.

Use the break line tool to get the regions to how you want it.

Raise the ceiling height for the foundation or just the main house only as Jo_Ann shows.

As an alternative, delete the invisible wall and lower the pitch on one side of the second floor roof.

Here's what i got so far.

Gable.thumb.png.bada416080117bcbf6e2a4415b89658b.png5994bf43a22cd_gable1.thumb.png.1c6742068b6d7f583b609dc2257cadc3.png