Multi level slab foundations

Jeff_Rapp

I have a shallow slope and I want the floor plan to descend down it, i.e. I have 6 rooms in a line down the slope, each one at a lower level than the one above. I have been trying to use the walkout basement and other knowledgebase articles but haven't yet managed to make it happen. I've built a foundation, added step walls at the drop points and changed the floor heights to minus values but nothing gets lower than the reference floor hieght.

Help.

Down the slope.plan

This is what you currently have.  The rooms descend from each other, and I added the doors so that this is visible to you. 

The terrain slope needed to be adjusted.  This exposed some of your foundation, so you need to work on that.

I think you need to adjust the top of the stem wall height, as each room steps down. 

Is each ceiling height supposed to get higher as the rooms step down?  The ceiling height is what keeps the roof at the same eave level.

What happened to the high shed roof that you wanted?

stepped rooms.JPG

Things that should be so simple -- are not, and I don't think in metric.

Delete your foundation. 

Make every room, Monolithic Slab.

Set the floor height and the ceiling height for each room, starting at the top.

Build the foundation -- and turn on Auto Rebuild Foundation.

For the garage, make changes at the foundation level, so you are moving the stemwall and floor above up or down.

The garage is a pain because I don't really understand all the settings.

ht1.thumb.jpg.21adb17dd894f3635fd852fa13161b53.jpg

Garage from the foundation.

ht2.thumb.jpg.b76e3e5843bb93b7aa79542edf86a98f.jpg

That's looking like what we are trying to do. To answer Jo_Anns question, this is the same plot but the attached design didn't get the big tick from my wife. The new idea is living and master bed at the top then 'tumble' the rest of the living spaces down the hill with a passageway and glass wall following them down. Garden out the front of that through which you enter. Garage happens to be at the bottom as that is where the street is. And it's aligned that way because the view is at the top and the sun is 45 degrees to the north east.  Thanks for all your help, I'll see what I can sort out.

Middle_Deck.plan

To lower the stucco walls to floor level, for example, I opened the room dbx for the room next to the garage.

That floor (D) is set at -900mm.  If Suite has this setting, 'Stem Wall Top (C)',  set that at 10mm lower than -900mm (-890mm).

stepped rooms 2.JPG

I just realized I have given the mock up trying to work it out. Here is the actual tumble plan so that my comments make sense. Sorry about that. This is just the start of the plan to work the concepts. You can see I might have bitten off more than I can chew. The roofs gone strange and I can't work out how to fit it to the terrain but at least I've got it stepping down ok.

Tumble.plan

8 hours ago, Jeff_Rapp said:

You can see I might have bitten off more than I can chew.

Cheer up, please. The steepest learning curve for ALL new users is for terrain and 3D roof design. In your case, you also have to simultaneously have to learn differing floor levels on floor one, another tough concept. You are doing well, you have lots of caring help here, so you will arrive at a success, just do not give the mock up as you say. When I started using this software back in 1995, it required a full year for me to master roofs, terrain and differing floor levels on the same floor and I was using Chief Architect Premier version 4, Suite had not yet been invented, give it time, study your help and reference manual for source material and keep in communication here when you get stumped, we will help!

DJP

Thanks for the support. With the support here I have managed to resolve all the base issues. I now have a plan I call 'Tumble' which has a curved floor plan which 'tumbles' down the slope in three levels. Showed it to my wife last night and interested but not overly enthusiastic. Maybe I need to learn client management first!