Garage Floor Height

447Debbie

I'd like to edit my structure properties on my garage so that the garage floor is at the same height as the main floor of the house.  Please tell me what heights I need to change, and to what I need to change them to, in the garage structure to make this happen.  I've attached the specifications for both my main floor (left) and the garage (right).  I prefer to change the garage specs to make this happen, and leave the main floor specs alone.   I don't care if this takes to different foundation pouts, I just don't want any steps between the garage and the house.

It seems like every change I have made just makes the garage foundation move lower, instead of higher.

junk.jpg

Didn't work.  No difference.  The problem is that the house floor sits 12" up higher due to floor joists resting on the stem wall and the garage floor, or the slab, sitting below the top of the stem wall.   I understand that, but I can't find a work around.    Calling it a slab didn't work either.  I know I'll have to have a slope from the back of the garage to the front, but the purposes of this exercise, I'd like to line up the garage floor with this red line.

junk2.jpg

I can't access the file you sent. I get the error message below.   However, if I go with Absolute elevations to 0, that will mess up my topography since it doesn't start at zero.

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2C171/1

Do you want to raise the garage, or lower the house?

6 minutes ago, 447Debbie said:

However, if I go with Absolute elevations to 0, that will mess up my topography since it doesn't start at zero.

Don't understand this.

Snap1.thumb.jpg.34f90c061002b0c6f6a4257fa62a59bb.jpgSnap2.thumb.jpg.803ffa24d986b944fb107a68d32497d3.jpg

• Upvote 1

I want to raise the garage.

I thought you were setting my absolute elevations on the "subfloor height above terrain"   to zero, see attached. 

Setting the stem wall top and the floor to 0", on the room specifications structure for the garage, did the trick.  Thanks.

junk2.jpg