Sign in to follow this  
russewb

Add Gable Above Entry

I'm having trouble getting the gable on the barn style house I'm trying to design. I've attached a picture of what I'm wanting as well as my plan below. I'm using Chief Home Designer Pro 2016. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Russ

post-8135-0-12842600-1468632097_thumb.jpg

Plan071516.plan

What type of trouble?

That should auto build, or with Pro, draw it in manually.

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left. 

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

The entry gable shown in the example image will probably need to be built using manual roof plane tools in HDPro since it will intersect a gull wing roof design (i.e., the porch roof having flatter slope than the main building roof).  It wasn't clear in the plans where you wanted the gable as there was no apparent opening to indicate the location.

When I manually draw the gable it makes the entire roof line come to crazy pitches with gaps in the center. I would just like the have it centered on the front of the plan. If I am supposed to manually draw it, based on the instructions online I should draw the gable line parallel to the outside wall I would like to have a gable placed on? In this instance since I have a porch, do I draw the line on the invisible railing?

LawB10 - I can't open that version for some reason...are you using 2017?

David - that was a good help on the other issues with the roof, but can you show me how to add the gable from that picture to the front porch? Just centered along the porch will be fine.

Sorry about that....

Go to the site and download the trial version.

Build a 2nd floor and lower the ceiling height to 20" or so, then draw a room over the front door, out to the porch

and gable the front wall.