Sign in to follow this  
rodhealydesign

Frameless Mirrors

Hi all

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this for me.....

I just need some help knowing how to apply a frameless mirror to a wall?

Thanks in advance,

Rod

Take advantage of the Knowledge Base. Search there and you will find your answer.

There are some basic recangular mirror objects in the Library Browser (some with frames, some without).

If you don't see a reflection, then check out KB-00858: Showing Mirror Reflections

If you need a custom shape, you might want to see if any of the ones from this bonus catalog that you can purchase for $2.99 will suit your needs.

https://3dlibrary.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?r=site/detail/942

• Upvote 1

Hi guys

Sorry for the very delayed response :-/ been a little hectic the past few weeks with work etc.

Thank you for your response, I searched the catalogue and found the mirrors easy enough, but they all had frames, apart from one, which was just named "mirror", but when I go to apply it, it is an effect (converts the whole wall), not an actual object. Unless I just need to have another look.

I had a bit of a look on Knowledge base but could't see anything that stood out. I will have to have a closer look at that also.

Thanks again for the help.

Rod

Here's something you can try,   use a soffit or box shape, resize it and apply the mirror material to it.

The one named "Mirror" is a material, not an object that you would apply the mirror material to.  Like LawB suggested, see if one of the Shapes will work instead if you resize it very thin.

Hi guys

Thanks for all your help, that soffit suggestion worked a treat :-)

Side note: I also used the Soffit to create a canvas style painting on the wall (no frame) which had been bugging me for while.

Much appreciated

Rod