Kristine

Place sconce on cabinet

I've been playing with this for a while. I want to place some sconces above a bed, though not on the wall. I have two flanking cabinets I want to position them on. No matter what I try I can't orient them correctly. They always seem to default to a wall. Is this possible?

Cheers

Electrical items need a wall to attach to. 

I have a user defined wall that is single 1/16" layer of air. Set it to No Room Definition, No Locate, Invisible.

Place where you want your sconce, then place the sconce. 

post-171-0-41601900-1447086145_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Electrical objects have a dialog box that contains an input box label "Distance from Wall", you can use this input box to place and then move away from the wall what you change the input box value to. Whatever you can do in terms of editing or customizing symbols will be contained in its dialog box.

DJP

• Like 1

Hi all. Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am trying to place a sconce on a cabinet and the above recommendations aren't working. Does anyone have any other tips to make this work? 

@andymcg

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on, then see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)