delete joint/corner

trailsnet

Go to solution Solved by Elovia,

I am using Home Designer Suite 2016 and started my first project by using the "Build Terrain" feature. Since my lot is irregularly shaped, I utilized the "Form joint/corner in a selected line." function in the menu. Unfortunately I did this a couple more times than needed and, when I view the perimeter of my terrain/lot, I see way too many breaking points. So I'm trying to figure out how to delete some of these joints/corners/breaking points in the line.

I rarely ever use that tool, it does have its uses but I like to keep my elevation data simple, using mainly splines and elevation lines. I avoid using elevation points because they are often hard to find and edit after placing them. Terrain modulation takes practice and patience to do (make a change and then view using camera tools to evaluate the changes made, one change at a time.

I expect you will want to delete the joined elevation objects and start over and then just use elevation lines and splines with occasional "Flat Area" objects.

DJP

• Solution

The original poster is referencing the Break Line tool in the object tool bar by its description.  If you hover over the tool, the descriptor text reads, "Form join/corner in selected line. Double click for complete break."

To eliminate erroneously placed breaks in lines, simply drag and snap the extra point to one of the adjacent points that you want to keep.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...