Basement furred wall?

TCWorley

I'm taking a class and the instructor is allowing me to use Home Designer Suite rather than AutoCad.  She wants me to show a furred wall in the basement, and I cannot figure out a way to do that.

Is this something possible in the Suite version? Do I create an interior wall and change the spec's to essentially be a skinny floating wall?

I don't know all of Suite's limitations, yet depending on which way the furring is going to run, you could likely do it with soffits, or custom backsplashes. Put the 1st one where it needs to be against the wall and then define the size (likely 1"x3"). Then "transform/replicate" the right dimension in the right direction. Make the material fir framing so it looks like wood.

6 hours ago, TCWorley said:

I'm taking a class and the instructor is allowing me to use Home Designer Suite rather than AutoCad

What sort of class? Suite is in no way comparable to AutoCAD, and especially so for someone who doesn't really know Suite.

If you understand what is being asked for, then using the tools in Suite to emulate a furred wall should be obvious.

I believe Keith is suggesting how to add furring strips to a wall, I suspect you are asking about something different.