Angled Soffits, lines don't disappear on drawing

Designer_Ryan

4 hours ago, Designer_Ryan said:

I'm using soffits to make a tray ceiling.

Try using a Slab, or Slabs instead of a Soffit.

Slabs and other objects like Custom Countertops (which would also work, especially if you need moldings), have a Line Style that you may set to blank. 

Use CAD to outline the tray.

9 hours ago, Rookie65 said:

If the ceilings are different heights, try using room dividers to enclose the higher ceiling room and change the height of the new room 

This is how I do it.

You draw the inner edge of tray ceiling with the room divider line (under BUILD).

This creates 2 rooms - The larger inside tray room - Click on this room and ensure ceiling set to your 10ft.

Then the outer "ring" room is your lower ceiling height room - Click on it and in structure tab set ceiling height to whatever you want that is less then 10ft be it 9ft or 8ft-10" but basically the height would be your 10ft ceiling less the vertical dim of this tray. Crown molding works in either room so you can insert crown inside tray and not on outside or both have crown or only th shorter outside area has crown.

Play with it.

Hell I made it once out of wall cabinet once I just turned into boxes

Many ways to make tray ceiling and depends on framing crew as such there are many ways to draw them.

As for the lines you see using soffits that is just freak of software in that in plan view it does not "JOIN" the soffit to remove those lines.

Nothing to worry about in 3d views nor plan.

If you want it better Join the soffits at the inside corners not the outside wall corners as it may look better to you that way.

Thanks everyone for your help. When I started two years ago, I've read that you can't make tray ceilings in HDPro, that's how I got the soffit idea. 

y-g-m-nI'll give this a try.

Rookie65, I'll try the different ceiling heights.

Two different ceiling heights worked. Thanks again.

1108521353_TrayCeilingPic.thumb.JPG.f65dbf9b5a014f6bfbd02f7c52503465.JPG

Edited by Designer_Ryan
Tried; added pic.