Help With Gable Roof with T

Alan_T

I'm looking for some help with a roof design. I'm trying to have the gable end of a roof butt up to a garage with the ridge running perpendicular to the gable. I have attached an example of what I am trying to do. Every time I try to do this the roof line goes crazy. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Alan

Home Designer Arch 2023

example roof.png

roof base.png

roof outcome.png

June-2024-v2.plan

Thanks for the suggestion, but as it was stated, I don't have access to those tools in my version. For now I have added a hallway like space between the gable end and the garage and switched to a hip roof. It's not what I was looking for, but the roof line is acceptable now. Having thought about it, I'm not sure the example would be a great idea. There would be a lot of water coming down the roof and hitting that wall. In heavy rain, that could overwhelm the flashing and leak.

Screenshot 2024-06-19 131222.png

Not sure what it is supposed to look like.
A pic of the real house might have been more helpful.

After a lot of experimenting, I got this result.

Maybe it is closer to what you want.

image.thumb.png.4168eb19aebae970b4e8815eea76fdc1.png

This is in Architectural 2024 trial so I couldn't send the plan file back to you and you can get there with some work. Like you said above there will be a lot of water coming down the side wall, I made that section a 4/12 pitch kind of like a cricket. The main gable roof is on the second floor and the four small gables front and back are on the first floor. The section to the right I lowered to get the look you showed. Anyway, there's my 2 cents!!!

Capture.thumb.PNG.74e2922426bdce8895911195d3944cbc.PNG