How to Combine Two Separate Objects into One?

BeginnerMorle

try selecting both and then hitting the ARCHITECHURAL BLOCK button.

It will then combine but you lose the edit screen for each so make sure they are located where yo want them.

Also use the HELP screen with this command.

"It will then combine but you lose the edit screen for each".

Not true.

Click on the block part you want to edit, and hit  TAB until the selected part shows edit handles.

CTRL+E will then open that part to be edited.

12 hours ago, BeginnerMorle said:

Is it possible to combine them into one object?

Not really. When asking this type of question, it's important to say what you have done to create what is shown. What type of objects are you using, and what are you using them to represent?

The Chief Architect products have Boolean operations -- Subtraction, Union and Intersection, and the object types that will respond to them. Home Designer does not.

The best you can do in Home Designer is to create an Architectural Block as others have suggested, but not all things may be blocked together, which is why that tool in not available.

If you know SketchUp or a similar program, you can create objects there and import.

15 hours ago, Jo_Ann said:

Click on the block part you want to edit, and hit  TAB until the selected part shows edit handles.

CTRL+E will then open that part to be edited.

cool I learned something - lot of steps to get there but cool - I hope I remember 

I used to just explode - edit - re-block together.