Construction phases/layers?

JWPrendergast

Is there a way to do a design in Home Designer Pro where I can keep the home build separate from a finished basement? Im going to sub out the construction of the home, but will finish out the basement once Im moved in a year or so later.  I'd like to be able to turn off the finished basement in my model to only show the unfinished portion that I'd contract out but still be able to design the layout. 

You'll probably have to do it as 2 separate plans. Depending on where you are in the design, keep one with the finished basement, then do the other with all of the house notes and info on it. 

12 hours ago, JWPrendergast said:

an alternative.

Because my hard copy plans are on white paper - I have used fill patches in solid white to screen areas, both in layout and plan, that I couldn't turn of in layers;

Have the polyline colour of the fill same colour to hide it, shape it to suit.

There is a layer Walls, foundation on floor 0 - which is perimeter walls.....

Food for thought there.

Something else to think about is that, depending on where you live, if you submit a plan with the finished basement on it, and don't do it in the first build, your occupancy permit may be delayed until it's done. Some locales won't issue the final sign off if the project is not built with everything done that was submitted. So I would keep your finished basement to submit when you are ready to do it and get a separate permit for it.

On 4/17/2024 at 5:31 AM, Rookie65 said:

Something else to think about is that, depending on where you live, if you submit a plan with the finished basement on it, and don't do it in the first build, your occupancy permit may be delayed until it's done. Some locales won't issue the final sign off if the project is not built with everything done that was submitted. So I would keep your finished basement to submit when you are ready to do it and get a separate permit for it.

Thats precisely why im looking to design all of it in 1 file, but turn off the basement buildout until later.  

Just draw the plan once with no basement finish. Then copy the plan, keep just the basement level and finish to your hearts content. Submit it when the time comes. It will be much easier than anything else you're trying to come up with. You could have drawn it in the 2 days since you first asked about it.