help with setting

floridauk

Go to solution Solved by Rookie65,

i have been a floor plan developer for years but i am trying to now incorporate the exterior and elevations, etc.

since starting with home designer about 6 or 7 years ago, this is how my doors turn out....the outside view high, the inside view with the door too low....would someone please guide me to the settings i am not adjusting....please...thanks    also, i dont incorporate basements so it is just a regular concrete foundation....florida life style...if that is the issue...and i sometimes design with 7 foot ceilings finish....weird, i know...thanks for any help

elevation issue.jpg

inside door.jpg

Interior ceilings and roof base line heights are controlled in mainly two places : Edit -  Default Settings - Floors and Rooms - by floor - 1 - 2 - ect and more locally by way of the Room Specification Dialog box - Ceiling Height input box on the "Structure" tab.

What you have to get used to is learning when to and what to set, and where they are the various settings that, once set becoming "automatic" . They are only "automatic" correct only IF you make sure those settings are correct for the outcomes. A great source of beginning help can be found on he "Build Roof" tab "roof styles tab". There you will see articles that communicate how to properly set for each Roof type geometry. Especially with Home Designer Suite the settings are all you have reach to solve all roof probably

• Like 1

• Solution

David, she's not asking about roofs.

My guess is you have your default floor setting to wood frame, which is why it looks high on the exterior, yet right on the interior. Try setting your foundation to a monolithic slab and see what happens 

• Like 1

I agree with Rookie65.

Your house has not been built on a slab foundation, but on a framed foundation.  That is why the door appears 'raised' on the outside.
On the inside, why would you expect a 7' ceiling (with a crown molding),  to be shown higher than a standard door (with casing)?
Do the math.

• Like 1

i am reading all replies and am grateful....i am a slow processor, even if fairly smart, so i will take a few days to digest but will respond when i 'get it'...thanks everyone...

jo ann....i do appreciate any help i get, sincerely, but even tho i have a high iq, i am also learning disabled and neurodiverse so we process info in a different way.  my husband is also but he is a geek...self taught programer, builds 3D printers, etc....me....well, i have done floor plans on quad pads since age 10....59 years ago...so am creative but obvious to you is foreign to me sometimes!!!  and i have a great sense of humor so not offended, just try to educate non-neurodiverse to be patient and understand our challenges!  have a good weekend

yes, thanks.....making the switch to the slab did it.  i have auditory learning challenges so videos are difficult.  are there and 'summary sheets' with a liat of settings and functions, of sorts.....does that make sense?.