Sign in to follow this  
jordanoja

Different roofing materials on same structure

I built some roof eyebrows over my garage doors on Home designer Suite and want a different roofing material for these steep shed roofs. I cant find any way to specify material for this roof. Ideas?

Help!!! The paint material tool paints all the roof planes, not just the separate shed roof. Is there a way to identify roofs and paint separately?

I tried to do what you said in Suite and in Architectural with no success, I do know that if you had Home Designer Pro and a few additional steps, you would be able to do what you wanted to do, just not in Suite or Architectural or Essentials. I am sorry but often is the case that you only get what you pay for.

DJP

With Architectural,  you can paint individual roof planes...but ONLY after 'auto build roof' has been turned OFF.

I don't know if Suite has this ability,  but you should try it.

• Upvote 2

It is only the home designer pro that have roof edit option(edit one single roof increase the length change the material and others) home desiger suite don't have that facility.

Hi jordanoja,

Thanks for using Suite.

Once the roof is in place, then un-check "Auto Rebuild Roofs" on the "Build>Roof>Build Roof..." menu.

Select the Material Painter tool (looks like a spray-paint can) and choose your new roofing material from the library.

Then just click on the roof plane to apply the chosen material.