door way trim paint? pro 2022

paintitblack

id like to paint one side of a door way a different color then the other side. I thought it would be an easy eyedropper situation. Even when I open up the door way and go in materials it only has one spot for door trim as if they have to match always.  any suggestions?

• paintitblack changed the title to door way trim paint? pro 2022

I have fooled around with this a little bit because it should be something doable.  Often the outside of a door trim is different than the inside. The materials give you the option to modify the exterior and interior but they both change when changing either one.   It does't seem to be able to be done in this program.  It does let you change the inside and outside of the door to different colors but not the trim.  Should be something that support can address and fix.  

With Pro, you can open the door, check the "separate trim and materials on each side" box and change the door and casing colors there. The trim, or jamb, will be changed to whatever material color the exterior is. Hope that helps?

my previous post on this stated that I didn't think it was doable but after checking out exactly what Solver was saying I found out it works perfectly.  You can change both the trim and door to be different on the exterior and the interior just like Solver was saying.  Sorry about my previous post being inaccurate.