Is there a setting that can change an imported PDF floor plan's transparency level?

sr5844wp

Go to solution Solved by solver,

First question: I'm trying to trace over a home's original blueprints and imported the PDF. I am finding that it's really hard to tell which lines are the PDF and which are from Home Designer. Is there a way to change the PDF's transparency inside the program?

Second question that is related to the first: is there a way to pin the PDF in the background so I don't keep moving it as an object? I keep deleting it on accident.

Not that I know of, when imported a PDF or image file should default to the "Back" of the Drawing Group placing it under all other visible layers. You can check this by opening the PDF or image file's dialog box - Line Style Tab to check if, in fact it is set to the rear but transparency is not an option in Home Designer. I think one would have to have Adobe Photoshop etc. for that kind of action to be done.

DJP

• Like 1

• Solution
1 hour ago, sr5844wp said:

is there a way to pin the PDF in the background

You can lock its layer, but that will lock everything on that layer.

1 hour ago, sr5844wp said:

I am finding that it's really hard to tell which lines are the PDF and which are from Home Designer

Change the colors in HD -- make walls red, for example.

It looks like whenever you import a PDF, it goes to the 'CAD, default' layer. It would be nice for imported PDFs to be on a separate layer and I'm going to request that in another part of the forum.

Thank you for your help guys.