Custom Object Labels

JonathanB

Is there a format or code that allows you to create custom labels for objects?  For example, the automatic label for a 30" x 60" single hung window is 3060SH which appears to come from the object name.  Is there a way to create a custom label such as [30x60] that draws from the width and height and allows a user to insert an "x" in the center?

I am using Pro 21 and discovered a way to create a label. Go to your window and under "label" go to specify label. Then in the label box, enter %width%x%height%SH (the SH is for single hung, though you could change it for the type of window it is. It should display as 36"x60"SH. Hopefully it will work in your version

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thank you Keith, that was helpful information. Is there a way to display the vertical location of a window? I tried expanding on the algorithm but I couldn't figure out a term the program would recognize if there is one.  Anything like, floor to bottom, floor to top, or floor to center would work great.

I'm using Architectural 2020

I suppose you could just expand on the label you created by manually entering text under the widow size in the label box such as "header @ 80" above subfloor" or something like that. If you need to change the height for a specific window, change the text for that one only and the rest will have the default you set up.

@JenniAK

Almost always best to start a new Topic with your question.

*** Some or all of what follows may not work in versions prior to 2020 (or maybe 2021) ***

Here is a list of available values, and an example of using them. May or may not all be available in Architectural.

You can do math within the label as I've shown subtracting bottom from top.

ht1.thumb.png.7c656f13a58641018c32c02d5032c532.png

ht2.thumb.png.0f1092a695e14eef2d0193170d81e405.png

No need for the % coded typed in entry's in Pro 22 - type in what you like under 'specify label' - the window displays custom notes etc. as customised.

Or is this for some preset automatic tag to windows other than the preset?

Happy labeling.

On 8/23/2021 at 12:29 AM, solver said:

Look again at the 2nd image I posted above. Experiment with leaving the % off. What happens?

Well, when I use % signs code - all I get is as its typed - with the % signs. Including the % signs before and after each factor;

Its just as easy to enter the details manually as you go, on the fly, as it were  - for my work.