portico and skirt roof

Hello, first time user here.  I originally created a model of our home with a portico and wrap around skirt roof on the first floor (using Rhino 3D).  I recreated the model in Home Designer Pro and am really impressed with this software.  I am stuck on how to make the portico and wrap around skirt roof.  I tried making an invisible railing room for the portico, but had trouble making the roof planes.  I have no idea how I would go about making the the wrap around skirt roof either.

26 Lakeside 3a.plan

26 Lakeside with Ultimate front windows1.jpg

1 minute ago, jomax77 said:

I recreated the model in Chief Architect Pro

Please say Home Designer and not Chief Architect.

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Home Designer - Getting Started - Setting Preferences and Defaults

Post edited, signature and profile updated.  I have checked the knowledge base and that is where I got the tips for making an invisible railing room.  Is there a way to just draw a roof profile or would I need to create an invisible room all around the front of the house for the skirt roof?

What, exactly do you mean by the terms "portico and wrap-around skirt roof"? Are your porticos curved or square? Can you post an image of something similar (pictures are more valuable than words).?

DJP

28 minutes ago, jomax77 said:

Is there a way to just draw a roof profile

Pro has manual roof tools that may be used to create the skirt roof. Using invisible walls and setting the room they create to Open Below will also work.