Clear Story Roof - open below

Tripyrenees

Hi

I have had to change the design of my roof due to planning regulations and I am going to put forward a Clear Story Roof like the image below.

But I am having issues internally as I only want the vaulted ceiling down the central section (3 metres wide).  The outer sections I want to stay with the flat ceiling.  

I have tried various work arounds such as using room dividers which nearly worked but as soon as I use the anti walls as "Roof Cuts Wall at Bottom" there is a nasty gap above the flat ceiling and the clear story roof attic.

Is there a way of selecting just the centre section to use the vaulted section of the Clear Story Roof, the side sections to have a flat ceiling and all the internal walls to join up vertically.  Something like selecting the attic space as a room and using the "open below" as an option.

(I tried uploading the file of the plan but it was more than the allowed size)

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 14.04.40.png

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 14.58.28.png

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 15.01.47.png

1 hour ago, solver said:

Did you look at the Knowledge Base article?

Is this what you want?

ht1.thumb.png.b87d75821efeff157879c99466c3e392.png

This is sort of what I need - I followed the roof webinars but it is difficult to search for various articles if you do not know the key words.  

Give us a clue on where to find this article.... thank you 

Yes I had seen that one but it still does not help as it creates a 2nd floor which really messes things up.

I also watched the roofing webinar and searched everywhere all day before posting for help.

I will struggle on, thanks for the pointers.

11 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

The gap can be manually closed in a cross section camera view, you select the wall which will display its edit handles for you to pull the upper wall down or the first floor wall up to fill the gaps.

DJP

Thanks David - it is always the simplest of things that take the most time - all fixed in 2 seconds.

• Upvote 1