camley88

Custom Kitchen Hood

Recommended Posts

I am trying to create a custom kitchen hood similar in design to the one below.  I don't need it to be curved; it can be flat.  I've seen videos on how to do this in X12 but I am using Pro 2021.  I've tried using soffits but can't get the top part to slope.  Any suggestions on where  I can get some help?

 

Thanks

 

image.png.7f14f5c9756f8a39bb19a23c73cb2955.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you checked the bonus catalogs and 3D Warehouse?

 

This is 3 roof planes.

 

ht1.thumb.png.0d7ab945975cf2ae141422ee007e5e18.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, solver said:

Have you checked the bonus catalogs and 3D Warehouse?

 

This is 3 roof planes.

 

ht1.thumb.png.0d7ab945975cf2ae141422ee007e5e18.png

 

I did check the bonus catalogs and I'm not seeing anything there.  I found something similar in 3D Warehouse but it is for SketchUp.  Never used 3D Warehouse before so is there a conversion process to bring things into HD Pro?

 

I'll play with roof planes today to see if I can figure that out.   Thanks for tip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, camley88 said:

Never used 3D Warehouse before so is there a conversion process to bring things into HD Pro?

 

No conversion needed. Download and import.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or you can go to Library>Fixtures and Appliances>Stanisci Design and download that catalog for free. There may be a range hood there that suits what you are looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, solver said:

 

No conversion needed. Download and import.

Thanks for this tip.  New place to browse for others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rookie65 said:

Or you can go to Library>Fixtures and Appliances>Stanisci Design and download that catalog for free. There may be a range hood there that suits what you are looking for.

Don't know how I missed this!  Thanks Rookie65

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now