Merging House Plan with Terrain Plan

livninavl

I have created a very detailed terrain layout of my building lot in one plan and have designed my house in another plan.  If I copy and paste the terrain onto my house plan it shows in 2d but not when I look at the orthographic view.  If I copy and paste the house plan onto the terrain plan Home Designer Pro edits floor and ceiling heights.  Any thoughts on how to get these into a single plan.  I have also tried exporting the plans as dwg files and importing them into one plan but that does not seem to work either.  I am using Home Designer Pro 2020.

Thank you in advance....

Brian

26 minutes ago, livninavl said:

it shows in 2d but not when I look at the orthographic view. 

When you copy-paste terrain data into another plan it looses its 3D components. Those will have to be added again in the new plan you copied to. The usual practice is to create the terrain in the SAME plan as the structure due to the above fact, sorry. 

28 minutes ago, livninavl said:

If I copy and paste the house plan onto the terrain plan Home Designer Pro edits floor and ceiling heights. 

?For the same reason copy-pasting the house is a poor practice is because the objects are pasted but NOT the Default Settings of the parent plan, the default settings are applied in the target plan and not the plan copied from, sorry.

My advice is to copy-paste the terrain objects into your house plan, orient the terrain objects to the desired location of the structure and then set the terrain data as you wish in the new plan, object by object. Keep it as simple as is possible and in the future do not do them separately.

DJP

I knew this was going to be the answer after the searching that I did before making this post.  Was just hoping someone had a workaround.  I will get to work recreating the terrain elements in the plan containing the house.  Thank you for your answers.