McHaney

brick ledge

I have HD Pro 2021.  I have not been able to force it to generate a brick ledge on a monolithic slab foundation.  There are 18 instances of "brick ledge" in the Reference Manual.  I have read all of them.  I have watched the video on Foundations.  I have searched Home Talk for "brick ledge".  There are some conversations about brick ledges, but no answers.  I have searched the Knowledge Base.  Nowhere have I found a procedure for creating a brick ledge.  I need a step-by-step procedure that says:

Step 1.  Do this.

Step 2.  Do this.

Step 3.  Do this.

etc.

Thanks.

go chiefarchitect.com  and in the search type brick ledge.  

*** I see you said Pro 2021 ***

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Home Designer - Getting Started - Setting Preferences and Defaults

The Home Designer website has a search that also searches HomeTalk and is a good place to begin when looking for answers.

ht1.thumb.png.2d5c282595b86d68a331c6d6fa72b29a.png

@barthmv

Please don't tell people to go to chiefarchitect.com. That's the site for the Chief Architect branded products.

2 hours ago, McHaney said:

I have HD Pro 2021.  I have not been able to force it to generate a brick ledge on a monolithic slab foundation.

This Pro 2021 using the brick-6 wall on a slab. This has always worked for me.

What are you not seeing? Show us a screen capture of your issue.

ht1.thumb.png.413ae4d0279f811b54bb4045ae33dd5d.png

I have often found info on how to do something on the chief architect site that I wasn't able to easily find on the home designer site.  Since Pro is a lot like the chief software I see no harm in going there and I will continue to do so when needed.  You should be able to get information, tips, and techniques from what ever source available.  I understand you and David Potter are quite busy and have your hands full trying to answer all the questions that come into the site, and with that in mind I use what ever source I can to get an answer with out having to add one more question to your list. I thank you for what you do.

On 10/15/2020 at 9:32 AM, McHaney said:

I have HD Pro 2021.  I have not been able to force it to generate a brick ledge on a monolithic slab foundation.  There are 18 instances of "brick ledge" in the Reference Manual.  I have read all of them.  I have watched the video on Foundations.  I have searched Home Talk for "brick ledge".  There are some conversations about brick ledges, but no answers.  I have searched the Knowledge Base.  Nowhere have I found a procedure for creating a brick ledge.  I need a step-by-step procedure that says:

Step 1.  Do this.

Step 2.  Do this.

Step 3.  Do this.

etc.

Thanks.

I started using HD Pro 2021 with a file I had originally created in HD Interior 2015.  It turns out that was the root of my problems.  When I created a new plan file and redrew the house, brick ledges were created correctly. If you're working from a file (or template) created in an older version, you may need to start over.